Thursday, June 01, 2006

I say tomato, you say makuahted!

Wow...okay so this first day (well three including travel) has been extremely surreal. First off I almost miss the flight to the Ukraine because of NYC traffic. Once I get on I am the only one on the plane who is a tad darker than porcelain. Yup the plane was filled with Russian's and then peppered with Hasidic Jews (surreal I tell ya). So I sat next to this one hasidic Jew who didn't say anything to me (granted I was unconcious 90% of the flight) but saw the books I was reading and perhaps that I was alone and at the end of the flight handed me this book that said "Courage" on it. Haha..I take it as a good Omen.
Then once almost missing my flight from Russia to Bangkok (because the only Russian words I know come from episodes of "The Simpsons" and "Sex and The City") I arrive in Bangkok and I am totally taken in by the Thai teachers. I taught a class today, and the kids can be soooo cheeky (son as they say). And supposedly I have a Thai looking face! Yup that is right, thank goodness my parents got together and planned to have a universal abrigonal looking kid! So now I am at the house of one of the teachers and we just went out to Dinner, which she used as a two hour long Thai lesson! But the kids are cute and laugh at all my short commings (AKA everything I say).

11 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my niece Alyse,

Congrats for making all of your flights!!! Sounds exciting so far. And yes, your mom and dad did produce a very "Thai" looking daughter.... First day sounds good.. Your students seem excited!!! Just hope that you can keep them eagar for knowledge. Keep up the good work and keep us informed.
Best wishes,

Evelyn

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyse that sounds like such an awesome start. I'm jealous for all the fun and adventure you are having. Keep the stories coming. It's ironic but just plain classic that you would be able to fit in in Thailand right after standing out so much on that plane. Follow the omens and pursue that Personal Legend!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. It seems like writing may be your talent.

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aly,
I'm glad you arrived safely in Thailand, and were welcomed so easily (although I never thought that would be a problem). I want to hear some more about these "cheeky" kids. I don't think you'll have any problems, I mean you've worked with ALL of the kids from the Orange school system. I miss you already :)
Take Care,
"Ata"

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've arrived in California and Auston is teaching me how to access and reply to your blog entries. We enjoy reading through every little detail! I always thought you looked Hawai'ian. I love you any way you look.

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyse,

Sounds like your plane trip was an andventure by itself! I am glad to hear you made it to Thialand safe and sound. HAve fun with the kids and keep us updated! The stories are going to be a blast to read!

Jerome

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyse,

It sounds like your plane trip was an adventure by itself! I am glad to hear you made it to Thialand safe and sound. Have fun with the kids and keep us updated! The stories are going to be a blast to read!

Jerome

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alyse, all sounds great and hope all is going well. Enjoy your new world and travels. LOve Auntie Peggy

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alyse, all sounds great and hope all is going well. Enjoy your new world and travels. LOve Auntie Peggy

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alyse, all sounds great and hope all is going well. Enjoy your new world and travels. LOve Auntie Peggy

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aly,
Just thought we'd say hi. We miss you and hope you have lots of stories when you return. Brian says 'I like pie' Peter and Jake say 'hi'. Best of luck in the rest of your travels.
love,
lois

 

Post a Comment

<< Home